Tonsai/ Railey Beach 11/3/12
I have never taken so many modes of transportation in a 24 hour period. I took a taxi to the train station in Bangkok, a train to Seaurat Thani where I was awoken at 5:00 a.m. to get on a bus to Krabi. Then from Krabi a shared taxi to Ao Nang, and finally a longtail boat from Ao Nang to Railey beach. So here I am at Railey beach, Thailand's climbing mecca, in a bungalow of my own. Now is when the fun starts!! I just arrived and a short walk to my hotel revealed the climbing community I will be staying with for the rest of the month (if plans don't change that is). And the monolithic jungle covered limestone cliffs are more gorgeous than pictures could have shown. This place is paradise. And I haven't even scratched the surface.
I apologize to my family I haven't been able to call but the one time to mom and dad. I need to figure out how to one unlock my phone, which I don't know what that means. And then find a local SIM card. Or just buy a prepaid phone, which may be simpler. But rest assured I am safe.
Also I will upload some pictures to the blog tomorrow.
Love everyone back in the states, and I miss you.
Now I'm going CLIMBING FINALLY!
Hi Jords! Each of your posts leaves me more and more jealous! ... and more excited for you! Your life the last few days has literally been a reenactment of 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!!' It is alright that you haven't been able to call... posting on your blog lets me know you are okay. Please be EXTRA safe climbing! Be smart. I love you.
ReplyDeleteYay! I love reading your blog! It's so fun to here about your fabulous adventures. I tried to research how to unlock an iPhone for you and all I came up with is that it's very confusing. I'm not sure, but it might be better to just get a prepaid phone. Good luck! I hope you're having a blast! Love you! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteWow! A bungalow of your own in paradise! That's so cool. You'll never want to come home! I imagine that you've made some friends already...like you used to do at Sunshine Nursery: "Hey,you wanna be friends?" haha Life will definitely be more fun there once you have some english speaking friends to share times with. I hope you're doing well, staying very very safe, and having the time of your life. All is well and quiet here. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteYou have to post more often Jordan! We want to know what you're doing and if you're safe!
ReplyDeleteNice, man! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. That sounds awesome having your own bungalow. We all miss you, but try-outs for a new Scooter will begin this week.
ReplyDelete