Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bangkok 11/2/12
      I've been trying to keep a written journal of my travels to add to this blog so you may see backdated entries like this one....
     One day in this quintessential concrete jungle and I am sent running for the nearest train station, which took 2hours of fighting traffic in a taxi. I don't doubt bangkok has it's hidden treasures, but I did not see them in the short time I was there. I wandered through an endless sprawl of street vendors and markets with 2-3 stores of poverty stricken housing sitting a top. By the end of the day Bangkok's smog gave me the lungs of a chain smoker. Leaving that behind, in Hualamphong train station the backpacks on fellow traveller's backs tell me I will be in good company. In about 12 hours time I will be on Tonsai beach near Thailand's famous limestone cliffs. Until then sawadee kap.

No comments:

Post a Comment