Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tonsai beach 11/8/12
     After climbing seven routes yesterday I awoke this morning to aching muscles, stressed joints, and  a bruised leg from swinging off of a climbing route into a tree. So a friend and I decided to go climbing. :)
    To our credit we planned on a short day of moderate climbs. But misreading the guide book put me on a more difficult climb than expected.So after many falls and much time passed we left the Thailand wall  for a big lunch.
    Tonight as I was walking on the beach back to my room 3 local boatmen invited me over to smoke some local herb. So I sat down and one Thai man who spoke English introduced his friend as ladyboy. Not understanding this English term his friend went along with it through the conversation, while the rest of us had many laughs at his expense. Until the multi-lingual man explained to his friend what a ladyboy was. All my experiences with the locals have shown the live up to their international nick name of the "land of smiles".
     Here is the link to my Facebook page where all the photos from my trip can be found, let me know if it doesn't workhttps://m.facebook.com/home.php?refid=9

2 comments: